One room, one month, $100! I’m participating in the $100 Room Challenge in hopes to take my powder room from boring to beautiful! Read on to learn more about this challenge and to see what my plans are in order to refresh my little bathroom!
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience! This means that I may make a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.)
$100 Room Challenge Week 1
Hi all! This September, I’ve chosen to be a part of the $100 Room Challenge, sponsored by Erin from Lemons, Lavender, & Laundry! I’m really excited (and nervous) to try to make this happen! $100 doesn’t seem like a lot, but you should see what people have done to update theirs spaces! You really have to get creative and resourceful to create a beautiful space on a tight budget and within four weeks! But who doesn’t want to save money on a space!?
If you would like to read more about how the $100 Room Challenge, you can check out Erin’s post about how it was born, and how it keeps on growing!
For those of you who are new to Hello Central Avenue, here you’ll find achievable ways to update your home and start loving it again! I hope you’ll stick around and take a look at what I’m sharing! I’m the mom of a 4-year-old boy and 20-month-old girl, so it’s always interesting around here! Less than a year ago I decided to create this blog as a place for me to share my love for home decor and DIY projects that are actually doable! I’m super excited to share that my blog has been nominated for an AMARA Interior Blog Award: Best Newcomer Blog, before it’s one year birthday! If you feel compelled to vote, you can click on the link at the top of my site!
Enough background information! Here are my ideas!
Powder Room Refresh Inspiration
So…I’m pretty much obsessed with all things Serena & Lily, including this feather wallpaper! The problem is that they aren’t always in my budget! I just found a herringbone shaped stencil, from Dizzy Duck Designs on Etsy to help me recreate this look along with some leftover paint from my dining room!
I don’t know if I’m being a bit ambitious here, but why not!? I love the look of shiplap on a wall. Farmhouse isn’t really my style, but I think that shiplap is totally versatile! I like the crisp white color of shiplap and how it adds dimension. I just did “A Quick Bathroom Refresh” for my full bathroom. The walls are white in the full bathroom, so I’d love some texture and color (even if it’s neutral) for my powder room! It will all depend on if I can get my dad to help me! I’m just being honest!
Powder Room Refresh Vision Board & Plan
Current Powder Room
Powder Room Refresh Vision board
- Knock-off mirror– This Serena & Lily mirror is super dreamy…but it’s a dream to fit it into the budget! I have an old round mirror that I’m going to try to DIY with some supplies lying around my house!
- Inspired shade fabric-Another inspiration from Serena & Lily, THIS pillow fabric is another DIY I have planned.
- Light-I love this crocheted light shade from Ikea, and you can’t beat the price!
- Digital print–THESE digital prints are perfect for creating beautiful spaces on a small budget!
- Classic gray and Chantilly Lace by Benjamin Moore-I have leftover paint that I’m going to use for my powder room to save money!
- Herringbone stencil-The image shown has Serena & Lily feather wallpaper, but I’m planning to use THIS herringbone stencil to create a similar look!
- Shiplap-I might be a little delusional, but I’m going to try to add shiplap halfway up my walls!
My Weekly Plan
- Remove everything from the powder room
- Paint walls white with leftover paint from my living room and dining room (Chatilly Lace and Classic Gray by Benjamin Moore)
- Cut and attach faux shiplap to walls
- Paint shiplap white with leftover living room paint
- Paint stencils on wall with leftover dining room paint
- Make knock-off Serena & Lily mirror
- Make knock-off Serena & Lily stool
- Make window treatment out of painter’s cloth
- Add accessories
I’m super giddy and filled with fear as I begin this $100 Room Challenge! I hope you feel inspired to look around your home and see what you can do with $100! Join us as we tackle these projects in one month!
Come back every Wednesday in September to see the progress on my powder room!
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4
If you liked this post, you’ll love these: